Thursday, July 31, 2008

I sang last night

They say it ain't over til the fat lady sings. I'm a fat lady and I sang last night at a Karaoke bar on Beale Street and now we are on the bus headed back to Durham. I am able to write this post while riding because I had a heavy dose of Dramamine earlier. The picture that you see in this post is the view that I've had for the last few days on this bus. We definitely spent more time here collectively than anywhere else. The 2 heads you see are if our fearless leaders Owen and Anthony. They have done a remarkable job planning and implementing this trip Originally when we began I wished that we could have done the trip in reverse order so that the long 12 hour drive that we are on now could have been over with after the first day but today I changed my mind. I think it was so meaningful to end at the place where King took his last breath in Memphis for a couple of reasons.  First of all it makes sense that we end in the place where the common denominator for much of the Movement ended. However, it also is symbolic that it's from here we leave to go back home taking up where King had to leave off. So now as the bus driver, Daniel, played for us while leaving Memphis...ON MY WAY HOME!!!!

No comments: